Monday, March 10, 2014

Back From the Future: 90's Style

Ever notice how many trends come back to haunt us from the past? When our mothers excitedly tell us that they wore that in high school...

Anyway! I've been noticing that a lot of trends that were big in the 90's are making a comeback! To me it seems a little soon but I'm not against it! I loved being a child in the 90's with the colorful jumpsuits, bibs, and jean fashion. And with the Chambray shirts back in fashion, it was only a matter of time before the crop top made its stylish way back.

Now I never remember wearing crop tops personally, but I do remember seeing them on TV. From 90210 to Full House, the crop top was everywhere. Luckily in those days only those who could pull it off, wore them. These days it seems to be for the willing...or at least for a Walmart fashion show. Although, in the photos below, the current crop top trend is a bit more fashionable than in the 90's. Instead of just being what the young starlets were wearing, they are hitting the red carpets and launch parties. You tell me, who wore it better: 90's or Today?


Here are the 90's crop tops:

                               

Image from Pinterest.com

Image from stephstwocents


Current crop top trend:

 
Image from Eonline.com

    Image from fabsugar.com


 

Image from Popstaronline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment